HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

RShaman 101

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elfbezushi

PostSubject: RShaman 101   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Ok I guess everyone gets it sometimes, a 1v1 in arena that decides the outcome of the arena battle.

So today we met a war + resto shammy, we killed the war but my rogue died from insta. chain lightning & I was left 1v1 against the shammy. While he was unable to kill me I was also kill him nor outlast him. Luckily the guy gave up & left after an hour of 1v1. Woohoo 12 points Very Happy

I tried some duels against well geared shammies in from of IF the result was the same, never ending mana pool & one emergency heal if things get too tense for the shammy.

I tried goin for max interrupt but it only ended in me draining my mana to drain 30% of his mana. I tried exhausting the shaman but i didn't have enough damage to get him OOM.

Any tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Beats me. I had to leave a battle with SL/SL+restodruid after they killed rogue and I managed to cc druid-kill lock (low hp). For the next 40 mins I was there, trying to manaburn druid, but when he went 3k mana, he always had his innervate ready. Wooot! After several good chances to bring him down, I left, bored to death, and went out for a walk. At that moment I was reeeeally pissed off arenas. For just 15 points I lost almost an hour? wtf. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elfbezushi

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:05 pm

I guess this can be made a topic:

How to kill a good resto 1v1?

Maybe Chrillle can share some of his exp?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kartoon

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:16 pm

I remember Chrille duelling a Rshammy named Khorngor in early s1(good times!) and it could go on forever if they wanted too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elfbezushi

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:19 pm

S1 shammys had less resilience hp & mana & also water shield wasn't free Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:49 pm

In duels I've managed to kill a healer. However I haven't done many, as they aren't interesting, they always take more than 10 mins, and...... well, what's the point? Healers won't even press you, they'll just stand there and self-heal. That's not pvp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorena

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:35 am

Same problem here. This is always a nightmare for me - I wish I knew the answer to this problem ><.

Was a 3v3, disc/feral/ms vs resto/warrior/i think a lock?

We drop the lock as he kills our priest. I 5cp rip the warrior and try to interrupt/cc the shaman and our two warriors kill each other in the same swing O.o

I dueled the resto shaman who was in full Season 3 to my 2/5 Season 3, 3/5 S1 etc.

This went on for an hour and 15 minutes or so. The shaman knew what he was doing and would not give up. I got whispers from his team mates alts etc. It just never ended. I tried all kinds of things and just nothing seemed to work.

Eventually I waited for him to let himself drop to about 25% while he attempted to flame shock/lightning bolt me down before he started healing (eventually he started playing more aggressive because I wasn't dying at all either). After I got him to 25% I would 5CP maim, run out, pop on omen of clarity, pop my berszerkers call, run back in and try to shred him down quickly. I tried this probably 5 (luckily only 5) times before I finally got my first shred to proc a clearcast, allowing me to cast 3 more. 2 of the shreds crit and my shattered sun (scryer) necklace crit procced as well.

As far as I can tell this seems to be the best strategy. Get him low, maim, and just try to get as much energy as you can before it wears off and hope to get lucky on spikes.

Like I said, I wish I knew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeh, that's a main tactic, get him low on hp or mana, then finish him off. And it works with shammies/pallies/priests. Works on druids too. However, if the healer is good and has good mp5, it'll take more than just a manaburn. They always got ways to keep their mana high, especially with a pve weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elfbezushi

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Ifigenia wrote:
Yeh, that's a main tactic, get him low on hp or mana, then finish him off. And it works with shammies/pallies/priests. Works on druids too. However, if the healer is good and has good mp5, it'll take more than just a manaburn. They always got ways to keep their mana high, especially with a pve weapon.

Thats what I'm talking about, a good healer would hardly ever allow himself to get that low & shamies & pallyes have a saving spell every 5 sec even if they do get in a problematic situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RShaman 101   

Back to top Go down

RShaman 101
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PvP :: Feral-
Jump to: