HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaZere

PostSubject: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 2:52 pm

We try a really nice fast nuke on the priest if that isnt working my rogue goes for the other rogue while i am kiting the mage using pillars / graveyard whatever keeping abolish poison on my rogue and or priest depends who they go for basicly they go everytime for me and i will just try to survive the rogue while avoiding the mage . Always trying to cyclone mage or priest and still kiting the mage will go oom then just go for the rogue with everything u have bleeds are so sweet Razz always prepare a nice feral charge / cyclone for the other priest and it's buh bye .
In case if they go for the rogue ( that sucks ) your rogue will have to go behind the pillars / graveyards pretty awfull if the mage catches u both in midfield with a fear from the priest .
If they go for your priest play defensive while going for the rogue and cc-ing mage / kicking / interupting the other priests mana burns .

The hardest time we had was against Lock / Holy pally / war Sad .
Gief tact Very Happy
The most succesfull was to go for the lock / pet while cycloning the war when the priest get's bellow 60 %
and for your priest to go Los with the warlock dont want dots on him ( no time for dispelling =)) ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrille
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 3:51 pm

I've actually never played the setup any serious, so I can't really help you against lock / holy pala / War. I can only theorycraft Razz

I think I would sit on the warrior the entire game with some cc on the paladin. The warrior will most likely go for your priest while the warlock cc spams you both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chrille.warcraftmovies.com
TaZere

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Chrille wrote:
I've actually never played the setup any serious, so I can't really help you against lock / holy pala / War. I can only theorycraft Razz

I think I would sit on the warrior the entire game with some cc on the paladin. The warrior will most likely go for your priest while the warlock cc spams you both.

our problem was our priest going oom faster then the pally Sad .
Dots + a Full venge mace war on our priest = LOTS of healing and pressure Sad

btw Gz with forum Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerberus

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:35 pm

I can only agree on the RMP tactic, there's practically no way the priest will survive both the druid and rogue on him longer than 15 seconds, and the rogue can easily avoid all polymorphs for that duration.

I've not spent a whole lot of time playing feral/rogue/priest as my team mates were rather inactive, but against pala/lock/warr I'm pretty sure we'd go for the lock and get a fast kill on the lock's pet. If you can somewhat predict the pet's death, it should be your main goal to hop back on the lock before it actually dies and get 1 cp on him to maim the upcoming Fel Domination (it is easily possible). With a little help from your priest that should be enough time to dispel it, done it a couple of times. The lock should be dispelled anyway at the very start to remove Fel Armor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrille
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Quote :
our problem was our priest going oom faster then the pally Sad .
Dots + a Full venge mace war on our priest = LOTS of healing and pressure Sad

Thats why you try to sit on the warrior so he doesn't reach your priest. When he gets freedom, dispell it, kidney shot him or just go los for example. But I can imagine that it has to be a pretty hard setup to face actually.
Back to top Go down
TaZere

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Kerberus wrote:
I can only agree on the RMP tactic, there's practically no way the priest will survive both the druid and rogue on him longer than 15 seconds, and the rogue can easily avoid all polymorphs for that duration.

I've not spent a whole lot of time playing feral/rogue/priest as my team mates were rather inactive, but against pala/lock/warr I'm pretty sure we'd go for the lock and get a fast kill on the lock's pet. If you can somewhat predict the pet's death, it should be your main goal to hop back on the lock before it actually dies and get 1 cp on him to maim the upcoming Fel Domination (it is easily possible). With a little help from your priest that should be enough time to dispel it, done it a couple of times. The lock should be dispelled anyway at the very start to remove Fel Armor.

Yea well we tryied interrupting fel domination / dispelling but too hard tbh GIEF 5 ms connection Very Happy
And the lock always summons void Sad so kinda hard to kill .

"Thats why you try to sit on the warrior so he doesn't reach your priest. When he gets freedom, dispell it, kidney shot him or just go los for example. But I can imagine that it has to be a pretty hard setup to face actually."

and we tryied that also Fear spamming is making our priest to come to us to dispell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerberus

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:42 pm

TaZere wrote:
Kerberus wrote:

Yea well we tryied interrupting fel domination / dispelling but too hard tbh GIEF 5 ms connection Very Happy

"Thats why you try to sit on the warrior so he doesn't reach your priest. When he gets freedom, dispell it, kidney shot him or just go los for example. But I can imagine that it has to be a pretty hard setup to face actually."

and we tryied that also Fear spamming is making our priest to come to us to dispell Very Happy

I also wouldn't suggest going for the warrior, a warlock left alone is just too much pressure.

I doubt the warlock has his voidwalker out from the start, so surely you could dash over to him and interrupt his resummon? A voidwalker from the very start would of course make this a bit more complicated, although it would allow for cyclones on it to remove SL.

Edit: About the Fel Dom -> Maim, I usually look at the warlock's buff bar to see FD come up before he actually casts it, gets you a bit of a head start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaZere

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Kerberus wrote:
TaZere wrote:
Kerberus wrote:

I also wouldn't suggest going for the warrior, a warlock left alone is just too much pressure.

I doubt the warlock has his voidwalker out from the start, so surely you could dash over to him and interrupt his resummon? A voidwalker from the very start would of course make this a bit more complicated, although it would allow for cyclones on it to remove SL.

Well we are gonna try to raise the rating again to 2300 + but my priest is in italy for studies Sad coming back in 1 month ~ so Sad /cry .And thanks for all the replies Very Happy they are making me feel important =)) .
Btw what should we do with the scare beast buff / nerf for us Sad((((( .
And another question any real setup for 5v5 with a feral in it ? gonna try war / war / restoshammy / feral / pally today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrille
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:47 pm

The problem with the warlock training is that a paladin is so damn mana effective and he really needs to get cc'ed badly in order to succed killing him. Feeding a warrior with rage is a never a good choice. The priest will not be able to fear the paladin however, if they are good that is.

Regarding scare beast, time will tell how much this actually will effect us. The only positive thing is that hunters can't waste our mana on it anymore and they can't fake us into a caster form freezing trap.

Last edited by Chrille on Wed May 07, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kerberus

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Also, if he has a voidwalker out you could also try going for the pala Smile Getting him to bubble is no problem and without a spell lock mass dispel is that much more dangerous, as are your cyclones on their lock/warr. Plus if the pally decides to pillar run to avoid the priest, his lock won't be able to effectively fear any of you as you can easily LoS him. Rushdown! :]

Quote :
The problem with the warlock training is that a paladin is so damn mana effective and he really needs to get cc'ed badly in order to succed killing him. Feeding a warrior with rage is a never a good choice. The priest will not be able to fear the paladin atleast, if they are good that is

On the other hand, palas suck ass at healing pets. Which is what I'd try to exploit if it's a Felhunter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrille
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Wed May 07, 2008 4:52 pm

aye, forcing the warlock use feldomination is always a good thing. You might get it. We often do it to force him to get voidwalker out aswell. No spellock is always a +

But frankly, the choice of target really depends on the oposing teams playstyle. You can have an idea of who is best to go for, but sometimes it turns out that it isn't best choice.
Back to top Go down
Tutor

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:05 am

If he uses a Fel hunter from beginning it should'nt be hard to kill it off quite early. If he gets the FD through, and pops a void then I would look for some point in the game to split dps. with the feral on the pet, and rogue on the warlock. Pet should usually go after the priest, and thus if priest moves away from the paladin/lock he can move it out of los.. At this point I'd try to get a mangle or 2 off from cat form and using a rip real quick, then enter bear and pop bash, while continuing dps from bear then a mass taunt and switch to cat to finish off (priest can very well help with a mind blast and SWD estimate 2k damage)

We have done this many times and its near flawless now. Paladin cant move and heal very well, but time it well though. I usually save 100 energy use 1 mangle, save 100 energy then shred spam followed by ferocious -> then i cyclone paladin and switch for pet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shocktech

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:45 pm

I run this comp in 3's And our rogue is ShS also human so we usually always get the sap on the rogue and hop on the mage as soon as possible priest gets the dispell off just before we FF the mage. Or we have also tried just both of us jumping on their Rogue and sapping the priest which also manages to work fairly good. But yes we did have the same problem with HPally, Lock, Warrior. We tried to sit on the lock and dips him down so he cant fear spam cc us both while i cc the warrior but really weve found out that since i dont have any spell hit etc the warrior is resisting most of any roots or cyclones i throw out him. So i guess we should probably try to stick on the warrior and cc the pally. The Lock is just going to be just as hard to kill as the warrior plus with both of us sticking to the warrior and dispelling fears and our rogue being shs we should be able to lock him down. I mean if we stick on the lock ccing the warrior which we did try to do he usually just gets a phys bubble and then it starts all over again. And overtime the warrior is going to be able to eat through your priest no problem with dots on everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tutor

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 am

If you want to ultimately kill the warlock, I suggest taking out 1 or even 2 pets.. Thats what we do, we have no problem with this setup atm. Rogue and druid can put some nice pressure on the lock(always have him Exposed) and a fear on the pally will make him use trinket/bubble and slow down a heal... These are the times where a swith to the pet works so well. As I explained further up, I save 100 energy do a mangle then save 100 again and shred spam finished by a ferocious. Some times when i switch for the pet its nearly dead already.. With rip, even voids go down prety fast, and sometimes a well geared druid can even take 100% of the void in 100% worth of energy.

Imo with this tactic, when you kill the pet the paladin should have used his trinket and bubble to break fears.. And as for the BoP get your priest ready for dispelling(gasps)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM   

Back to top Go down

First post :P Feral / D Priest / Rogue vs RPM
Page 1 of 1