HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaZere

PostSubject: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   Mon May 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Staff of the Forest Lord http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34898
>>S3 staff http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33716
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerberus

PostSubject: Re: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   Tue May 13, 2008 3:56 pm

The lack of +hit rating is quite a bummer, imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kardredor

PostSubject: Re: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   Tue May 13, 2008 10:07 pm

The Forest Lord staff is better stats wise, but I still think you'd be better off with S3. The resilience that you get will let you be able to dump an item (preferrably veteran's ring) for a PvE / DPS one, which in my opinion will leave you better off. Many feral druids have already shown really high ratings without even pushing past 300 resilience, and a few not even a PvP trinket.

Now as to what ring to get instead of Veteran's, I'd just get the new badge ring, Angelista's Revenge. It has two less stamina, 16 more AP and 29 Agi, which is 45 more AP, .16% more crit, 1.97% dodge, and the 126 armor pen. which is really fkn good for a ring.

Edit: And like Kerberus said, the hit is nice too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aldaron_BH_EU

PostSubject: Re: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   Wed May 14, 2008 3:48 am

As Kerberus says the lack of hit rating, lowers the value of the St of the For lord, especially pve wise were we need 140ish hit rating in total, pvp wise a little above 5% chance to hit is sufficient tho, so if you have like 80-90 hit rating from elsewhere, the badges staff is better than s3 as a dps weapon (hell even for tanking is good, crap load of stamina and agil on it)

also check
http://www.emmerald.net/Cat_High_DPS/Two_Hand.html
for a complete list.

Ofc S3 staff has resilience and Kardredor's reply is a valid one, so it's up to you. You don't need to be capped at hit rating for pvp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaZere

PostSubject: Re: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   Wed May 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Kerberus wrote:
The lack of +hit rating is quite a bummer, imo.
i use the Curator ring garona's blabla for hit and some + healing Razz instead of veteran.
Tbh really think u can handle 320 resi as feral with no problem if u know how to kite well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ouderblade

PostSubject: Re: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 pm

This one is quite easy for me.

On a server where feral druids above 1850 are few and far between, its kinda nice walking around with a big badass looking s3 staff.

Looks mean bugger all for performance but still its quite scary.

Forest lord looks crap and anyone man and his dog with 1 arm can get it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   Tue May 27, 2008 5:42 pm

Brutal staff
www.wowhead.com/?item=35103
is the equal one to forest lord.
Ofc s3 adds to the prestige meter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?   

Back to top Go down

Staff of the Forest lord > S3 staff what do u think ?
Page 1 of 1